Vision & Mission
Spring Cypress Presbyterian Church is a Gospel-driven community that celebrates God’s glory and grace by passionately expressing His love through our church, to our city, and to the world.
SCPC ministries are centered upon the gospel of Jesus Christ so that His grace and glory are revealed and experienced by all who participate. We believe that every aspect and avenue of life is to be brought into the focus and lens of Christ and His grace. Only through the gospel can we experience contentment and healthy relationships with the Lord and each other.
The gospel teaches us that we are:
- Forgiven by Grace (Ephesians 2:8)
- Clothed in the righteousness of Christ (Philippians 3:3-10)
- Adopted as sons by God and heirs to His kingdom (Galatians 4:4-7)
- Sanctified to live by the Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:11)
- Freed from the power and reign of sin (Romans 6)
- Uniquely called and gifted for good works (Ephesians 2:10)
Because the gospel is life-changing, our church’s trademark is: The Gospel Changes Everything
Spring Cypress Presbyterian Church develops and equips people to live out the implications of the gospel, which brings spiritual change and growth – one life at a time – socially, culturally, and spiritually. Gospel-driven means that we bring the gospel of Jesus to bear in all aspects of human life. The scriptures teach us that once we experience Christ and His gospel, we can no longer remain the same. The gospel always produces Life-Change. The gospel drives us to become agents of change wherever God places us in our lives and community.